Interlinking in WordPress not only improves the ranking but also drives more traffic to your website. Bloggers who don’t link old articles to the recent ones miss a significant chance of boosting search traffic. The internet is overwhelmed with loads of its benefits like:
- Search engines value your blog more, and the indexing rate also gets improved
- Enhanced user engagement as readers will always find links to additional content in a single article
- A noticeable increase in the number of page views
But how it is done? Let’s look at the several ways of doing it.
Interlinking via WordPress Hyperlink Button
WordPress offers a default feature to interlink your blog posts quickly. Double-click to select a text and then click the Hyperlink button from the main menu. Add the appropriate link and connect it directly to an anchor text. It is that simple.
Interlinking via Plugins
Despite interlinking appears to be quite a simple feature but still loads of plugins are available. Some of the handy options which you can consider are:
- SEO Smart Links: SEO Smart Links plugin comes with an auto-linking feature to enter keywords and phrases in your posts and comments.
- Insights: Insights helps you to access quickly and interlink information like links, images, videos, maps, etc. into your blog posts. It contributes to increasing productivity as well as quality.
- Interlinks: If you want to create Wikipedia-inspired links inside your WordPress posts then the interlinks plugin is the right pick. Just insert tags like “[[ and ]]” around a post title and the post is linked automatically.
Some Quick Tips To Improve Interlinking
I experimented the interlinks through following ways and got some surprising results. My blog traffic and reach increased by almost 30%. You must also give them a try.
- Improve your search by inserting as many links right at the beginning of the articles
- It seems quite off-putting if you link a particular post more than once. It is termed as spam.
- Interlink only the related posts. Avoid overcrowding with too many links as these may frustrate the reader.
No doubt, interlinking is one of the smart techniques to boost your site traffic and subscribers. Make it a habit and then enjoy amazing results.