Maedah Batool is an award-winning DevRel Open-Source Engineer, Director of DevRel Content, Docs, & Education at Worwox, DigitalOcean’s country co-lead and DO Navigator, founding representative of the official marketing channel for the WordPress Foundation, extensively published author, with over 1,292 copies sold for her book “Content for Developers” Writy.io, leading technical content programs, teams, and developing documentation for FOSS (Free & Open Source Software) projects for more than a decade. Maedah has taught tens of thousands of girls how to code with #GirlsWhoCode and TheDevCouple initiatives.
- Award-winning Content Developer & Manager: Documented some of the largest open-source software, and my docs have been read by millions of developers. It includes a create-guten-block toolkit, that received the A8C Design Award for the “Best Solutions” category.
- Published & Featured Author: A consolidated experience of over 11 years with writing developer-focused content, API reference documentation, tutorials, guides, blog posts, and other instructional design work. I have written for popular web magazines/blogs like DigitalOcean, Scotch.io, Envato Tuts+, SitePoint, CreativeMarket, TorqueMag, and TheDevCouple. My work has been featured in white papers, books, on sites like SmashingMagazine and CSS-Tricks.
- Book/Course Author: Sold 1200+ copies of my eBook/video course called “Content for Developers” which helps you learn to write technical content professionally.
- Community Advocacy: Lead Rep for the official WordPress Core Marketing team. Making content consistent across WordPress.org. Mentor for Google Season of Docs, where I mentored a group of developers to craft dev-friendly content and documentation. Founding member of the Node.js Foundation’s Community Committee Outreach initiative. One of the first few DigitalOcean Navigators where I am helping DO with my content and dev community work.
- Taught 5,620+ Girls #HowToCode via my startup i.e. FinkTanks.
- Speaker Engagements: In tech conferences like WordSesh, ICOSST, IET PATW, QCon, and TheOpenDevCon.
CONTENT. COMMUNITY. CODE.
Established Dev Community Work
- Keynote at WordSesh:
· Optimizing Your Gatsby.js Site for Production
· Fast Web With Gatsby, Netlify & WordPress
- 8,600+ developers read on DigitalOcean:
Blazing Fast WordPress Sites With Gatsby
- 8,500+ developers read on DigitalOcean:
Building a Custom Sitemap for Your Netlify-hosted Gatsby.js Site.
- Code Lab for an Airbnb-styled vacation rental project:
- Award-winning open-source project documentation:
Create Guten Block. Authored reference/code documentation.
- Developer of a static site generator:
- Long-form extensive reviews on TheDevCouple for companies like Kinsta, WPEngine, LiquidWeb, MyThemeShop, etc.